The #1 choice for IT educators worldwide, NetSupport School delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of computer-led teaching and now you can utilize the power of NetSupport School in a Google Chromebook environment.
The NetSupport School Tutor for Chrome can be installed on teacher machines running the Google Chrome OS. The teacher can then connect to each student Chromebook* enabling you to monitor and interact with students quickly and efficiently.
* The NetSupport School Student app extension for Google Chrome needs to be installed on each student Chromebook.
NetSupport School for Google Chrome
Key Features when connecting to students from a teacher's Chrome OS device:
- View a crystal clear thumbnail of each student machine in a single view.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student Chromebook.
- The teacher can set objectives and expected outcomes for the current lesson.
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson.
- Lock the student's mouse and keyboard when instructing.
- Send an instant survey or request for feedback to each student and display results in real time.
- The teacher can open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine.
- Request Help facility - students can send a request for help to the teacher.
- Block unauthorized websites.
- Use approved websites only.
- Block all Internet access.
- Launch a website on the student Chromebook.
- Block FTP Access.
- See details of the website that students are currently viewing.
Chrome Incognito Mode:
To ensure you retain full visibility of your students' internet use, it is recommended that you 'disallow' Incognito Mode in the Chrome OS User Settings via Google Apps for Education.
Installation and pre-requisites for Chrome
For a teacher to be able to monitor and interact with their students using Google Chromebooks, the NetSupport Name & Connectivity Server must be installed on a Windows Server; the NetSupport School Tutor must be installed on the teacher's machine*, and the NetSupport School Student extension installed onto each of the students' Chromebooks.
* In mixed platform classrooms, the NetSupport School Windows Tutor application can also connect to student Chromebooks.
You can evaluate the NetSupport School Tutor for 30 days on up to five student Chromebooks or, when prompted, you can enter your existing NetSupport School license information. If you're new to NetSupport School or require additional licenses, contact your NetSupport reseller.
|Tutor for ChromeOS
||Student for ChromeOS
NB: Please refer to the document Configuring the NetSupport School Student for Google Chrome for installation help.
Please refer to the following documents for step-by-step installation and configuration instructions on Chromebooks.
Configuring NetSupport School for use with the NetSupport School Student for Google Chrome
Configuring the NetSupport School Student for Google Chrome
Centrally Configuring the NetSupport School Student for Google Chrome Connectivity Options